In the digital age, marketers will swiftly attest to the effectiveness of blogging. Having evolved in strides from its infancy, blogging now belongs to content marketing strategies the world over. In turn, it now concerns Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and has even become a viable standalone income source. Still, it’s far from easy. There are many different aspects of blogging that pose different challenges and need various tools to overcome.
So, let us explore some of the top blogging tools for professional bloggers in 2021 across the entire process.
Keyword research tools
The very first step toward blogging is, of course, choosing the perfect niche for it. Whether you’re blogging to enhance your website’s SEO or for its own sake, the keywords you will target will, in turn, inform your content and monetization options.
In this regard, professional bloggers may opt for such keyword research tools as:
- Ubersuggest. This user-friendly yet deep tool offers aspiring writers a free yet powerful asset. Ubersuggest’s creator is the renowned marketer Neil Patel, who continues to update it with SEO-centric functionalities. In turn, Ubersuggest’s features go beyond keyword research, expanding to rank tracking and competitor analysis for later stages.
- Ahrefs. Another potent tool for keyword research and general SEO use, Ahrefs is widely endorsed by such marketers as Backlinko’s Brian Dean. It offers features for keyword research, website audits, and even web monitoring and backlink research at very affordable prices.
- SEMrush. Finally, another SEO juggernaut, SEMrush is incredibly famous – and rightly so. Keyword research aside, this potent tool offers a wealth of SEO features, from competitor analysis to domain-to-domain comparisons.
These aside, you may opt for other SEO tools that delve deeper into other elements you find valuable. In terms of keyword research, however, few can compete with the above.
Writing and proofreading tools
After choosing your niche and identifying your keywords, the next step lies in actually writing your content. Having covered content SEO-friendliness just above, let’s continue with writing tools for professional bloggers in 2021.
Here, you may consider such tools as:
- Google docs. Starting with the basics, Google Docs offers a free writing, editing, and sharing tool. While it may lack some of Microsoft Word’s features, its vast integration options with other plugins and tools more than make up for it.
- Grammarly. On the subject of plugins, Grammarly may be among the best-known writing tools today. It offers far more than simple error corrections, touching on word choices, tone, formatting, and more. Moreover, it’s available as a Chrome extension, so you may use it with your Google Docs documents.
- Copyscape. Finally, whether you intend to offer blog content to others or just want to secure your own reputation, Copyscape is an excellent plagiarism checker tool. As regards the former, it is the tool many webmasters use – so using it yourself should reveal why your content was rejected. That aside, it will identify similar content across the web, ensuring yours remains unique and original.
Finally, should you be using WordPress and need a tool that falls between the two, you may try Yoast SEO. While it’s an SEO tool at its core, Yoast also offers deep, accurate readability scores and other features to inform your writing.
Social media tools
Then, social media sharing is an irremovable part of blogging. Even with impeccable SEO, you will still need to promote your content on social media – which SEO also appreciates. To do so, the most crucial element to mind is, of course, social media sharing buttons.
Among a plethora of other WordPress plugins for this purpose, consider the following:
- SocialSnap. One of the most advanced plugins of its kind, SocialSnap comes with an array of social media functions. Sharing buttons aside, it offers Auto Poster, deeper analytics, and such options as social login and click-to-tweet.
- Monarch. Another powerful social media asset, the Monarch plugin is a high-speed yet all-encompassing solution. Among its most useful features is pop-up and fly-in triggers, ranging from timed triggers to conditional triggers for maximum engagement.
- SocialWarfare. Finally, SocialWarfare is another immensely popular social media plugin. Not only does it come with fast, customizable sharing buttons, but its advanced features even extend to content protection.
Naturally, social media tools won’t differ too extremely as regards social media buttons. Therefore, you may focus your research on additional features they offer, like the above do.
WordPress themes and plugins come with a distinct benefit, arguably above all else; Google Analytics integrations. Discussing tools for professional bloggers in 2021, we’ve already touched on integrations before because asset consolidation is indeed very valuable. And few assets are as crucial to have at hand as analytics tools – those that let you know exactly how your efforts are paying off.
As regards analytics, there’s a stunning array of options to choose from. So, to cover the most notable among them, consider the longstanding mainstays:
- Google Analytics. The most widely used analytics tool the world over, Google Analytics is the cornerstone of actionable insight acquisition. This tool is so potent that a wealth of other analytics tools either build around it or pride themselves in their integrations with it.
- MonsterInsights. For that matter, MonsterInsights is one such tool. With over 12 million downloads, it offers user behavior reports, SEO ranking reports, and so much more. Endorsed by such giants as Microsoft, Bloomberg, and Yelp, it’s among the best options for bloggers of all levels.
- JetPack. Should you prefer to start simpler, JetPack offers a viable, if smaller, alternative. This WordPress.com plugin also comes with analytics tools and traffic reports. What it may lack in depth, it makes up for with user-friendliness and feature broadness. In WordPress’s own words, JetPack is for “just about everything”, from analytics and marketing to security.
Should the above not suit your blogging needs, the WordPress plugin library offers an endless amount of choices to consider. Still, Google Analytics specifically is nigh indispensable.
Blog monetization tools
Finally, where could such a list conclude, if not at blog monetization options? Unless you’re blogging for marketing and link-building alone, you will need to monetize your blog to earn income from it.
So, let us conclude with ad networks. While not “tools” per se, ad networks are among the clearest paths to monetization. Among the most notable ones, consider the following:
- AdSense. The most famous ad network today, AdSense offers great Cost Per Click (CPC) rates and serves blogs across all industries.
- Propeller Ads. A very promising alternative, Propeller Ads also offers great CPC and has earned the endorsement of BForBloggers.
- HilltopAds. Finally, HilltopAds is also a great alternative, boasting similarly high CPC with easy approval.
Of course, each ad network’s requirements and CPM may change over time. Thus, it’s highly advisable to conduct thorough research before finalizing your choice.
To conclude, a blogger’s journey from writing to monetization is long and challenging. Thus, tools for professional bloggers in 2021 need to span across its entirety, from writing and SEO to social media and analytics. Hopefully, our list above provided a good starting point for your research toward elevating your blog to new heights.